Saturday, June 9, 2012

First Look: Beyoncé Teases Her Dance For You Music Video

Popstar Beyoncé, who seems intent on releasing a new music video every other day, is today teasing the release of yet another music video … this time for her song Dance For You. As you can see in the preview clips below, Bey filmed the video in her pre-pregs days … and boy, does she [...]

So … last night I was able to see Morrissey in concert … for which I am VERY grateful. You see, Moz is scheduled to play 3 LA area concerts in the coming days but I will not be able to attend any of them because I will be flying back east to Connecticut to spend Thanksgiving with David’s entire family. Fortunately, Moz scheduled a show 2 hours South of LA in Escondido, CA last night … and that was the show I got to see. Now, a 4 hour round trip drive prolly sounds like a lot but back in the day, I used to make the 4 hour drive EACH WAY from Detroit to Toronto AND Detroit to Chicago to see my fave bands in concert. Last night’s trek was nothing … and let me tell you, it was well worth the drive.


Here are a few photos and the setlist from last night’s show at the California Center of the Arts:



I Want The One I Can’t Have / You Have Killed Me / You’re The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Alma Matters / Maladjusted / Black Cloud / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Action Is My Middle Name / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Meat Is Murder / Satellite Of Love / Scandinavia / I Know It’s Over / All The Lazy Dykes / Speedway ENCORE: Still Ill


Everything just worked out PERFECTLY for me last night. The LA traffic was a nightmare and I feared that I would be late for the show but once I got to Anaheim, CA the traffic cleared and I was able to haul ass down the I-5. I arrived at the venue 15 mins before Moz took the stage, perfect. OH and let me tell you about my amazing seat … I somehow managed to get a ticket in Box 1 of the tiny theater (and I mean, TINY theater) so that basically put me in the best seat of the house. While front row is always best, I couldn’t find one thing bad about my box seat. I had my own little seating area — on a cushy love seat — and was able to watch and swoon over Moz without obstruction. As you can see above, the setlist was a perfect mix of old and new … and Smiths. Ouija Board was a nice surprise. Morrissey was in rare form last night … he was chatty and fun and he sounded fantastic. I have to say, last night’s shows was one of my fave Moz shows of all time. The small, intimate theater coupled with my perfect vantage point AND excellent setlist all conspired to make a magical evening. I even managed to score a guitar pick!




I had a blast … and I am so thankful that I got to see Morrissey on this new tour :)


Today, David and I fly back East to CT to spend time with his family before we head to NYC on Sunday for the following week. I’ll be coming atcha from the East side for the next week and half so … pray for me, it’s gonna be COLD, y’all. Have a great Wednesday and be safe out there tonight. The night before Thanksgiving is the biggest bar night of the year … have fun but BE SAFE!




Ellsworth Kelly
Annuaires
Mahatma Gandhi
boutons visage
guide culinaire

No comments: